PASTORAL COUNCIL OF ST. MARGARET MARY CHURCH
The mission of St. Margaret Mary’s Pastoral Council is to provide direction for the growth and well being of our parish community with the guidance of the Holy Spirit by inviting all to come forth. St. Margaret Mary is a Catholic Christian community of varied ethnic backgrounds committed to the gospel Values of Peace, Justice, and Love.
Is to serve by promoting emotional, spiritual, and physical support to all within the Parish community.
Parish Pastoral Councils – Function
The general function of the Parish Pastoral Council is to advise the Pastor in those pastoral matters presented to it by the Pastor. It carries out its function by:
- Informing the Pastor of the needs and concerns, gifts and resources of the whole parish and its members;
- Developing and reviewing a parish mission statement (which will always contain the name of Jesus) and periodically re-evaluating and revising it;
- Developing a parish pastoral plan;
- Participating in ongoing pastoral planning;
- Recommending policies, procedures and programs which would assist in the implementation of the mission statement and the parish pastoral plan;
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs;
- Reflecting on Archdiocesan pastoral priorities and recommending how they can be implemented in the parish.